Friday, April 01, 2005

One Day at a Time


Sleepy Girl
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
I feel like I brought a whole new baby home from our trip last weekend. It seemed like when Leah woke up on Tuesday, she was cooing a whole lot more. She's been trying to fling herself out of my arms, she's using a ton of energy to try and roll over when you stick her on her play mat, and her naps are even starting to settle into a bit of a schedule. I guess it's just more evidence that "they grow up so fast" like everyone says.

This picture is another beauty taken by photographer, Renee. It is a reminder to me that it's ok to let her cuddle up and sleep on me every once in a while. It's ok to break the schedule a tad so that we can experience some sunshine or make new friends. Anyone who knows me, knows that I can be a stressball. I often feel like I can't get everything I need to done. My house isn't clean, my work suffers, Lemmy needs food, and there is nothing in the house for dinner. I won't even mention what I look like. That's the beauty of computers...I can be in sweats with bad hair and no one knows it! When I look at Leah though, I realize all that stuff can wait (except for maybe the Lemmy food...poor kitty). And I found a little lullabye/poem online that I'm making my mantra:

Tomorrow Can Wait
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow
For babies grow up, we learn to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs
Dust, go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby,
'cause babies don't keep.

I know I can't change myself in an instant, but I can work on it each day. My little sleepy Leah is the best incentive to do so! Enjoy the weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what is more important than loving your baby!! I have that poem hanging up and it is so true!!! Before you know it they are grown up.. Enjoy your beautiful Leah. Love, Carole and the girls

Anonymous said...

It doesn't take long for a wise mother to adopt that mantra! The years do fly by sooooo quickly, but you must always try to find ways to appropriately hold your children close...and some how with the grace of God you do!