Pete and I are addicted—to kissing Leah's lovely little monkey toes and feet! Thankfully, she seems to enjoy it, which makes it all the more fun. As Leah grows, routines seem to be falling into place and I have to say it's a nice development. My current favorite is when Pete and I go in to get her from her crib in the morning. We make sure to go in together, although we probably wouldn't have it any other way (sometimes it's like a race to see who can get to her first!) and she gets so excited. We make a big fuss about saying good morning to her and opening up the shades and welcoming the day. Besides being fun it helps encourage Leah's understanding that morning is for awake time and night time is for sleep! So far it seems to be working.
Thanks to my executive dialogue meeting and MOPS, I have been thinking a lot about my roles as entrepreneur and mother this week. More importantly, I have been wondering how (or even if) these two lives can mesh or work together. I think with a lot of work and a good deal of time and patience, they can. I am dedicated to the business, but I am also so blessed to have this time with Leah. I thank all of you who are so supportive of me, my business and of Ms. Monkey Toes too.
One thing I try to instill in her everday is a sense that she is very well loved, by a whole global community of many amazing people. This blog and the responses it gets online and when I speak to people helps me do that. I pass on every message, comment, and hug to her, and take to heart a quote I read In Real Simple this month every time I do it...
"The most important thing she'd learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
—Jill Chuchill
Thanks again, for all the love you give to Leah and our family!
Thursday, April 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment