Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Wish I was there (with Pete and Leah of course!)


Peter Island
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
I'm sure a lot of you are bummin' that there's no Leah portrait today, but I couldn't resist dusting off and bringing out this picture from our honeymoon. For those of you who check the blog to get your morning or afternoon fix of sunlight and cheer (usually in Leah form) I thought this photo might do you just as well. I know I could sure use that sandy beach on Peter Island right now!

I've been recently thinking about how exciting it will be to someday take Leah on vacation. I think the ocean would be a fun place to visit with her, even if it's just a beach in our own state. I look forward to seeing what she thinks of the clouds in the bright blue sky, building a sandcastle and feeling the waves splash our legs and toes. We've learned that Leah's a big fan of splashing during her nightly bath, so I think she'd really enjoy that.

No rest (or vacations) for the weary just yet though. I am SWAMPED with work. I did bring Leah into the office with me as I sat down to write this and after a little playing and gurgling she drifted off to sleep. Oh to be a baby! Before I had one I had no idea they generally nap within two hours of waking up in the morning. Now that's the life!

Who knows what sort of tiny dreams Leah's having or what kind of baby schemes she's cooking up in that little brain of hers. Before we head off to stroller fit and start our busy day, I think I'll just take turns staring at that lovely warm beach in the British Virgin Islands, and my peaceful sleeping baby. Perhaps someday the two will meet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about when Mommy and Daddy take you to Peter Island, Grandpa and I come along to "babysit"! I have a lot of experience building sand castles so I know we'd have a great time!!!