Now that Leah is completey weaned, she's also attached herself to her "lovey" completely. A little cow named Lola. Leah loves Lola so much that Santa even brought her a big version of Lola, just about Leah's size. We call that one Mama Lola and she's another one of LeLe's favorite friends. Grammy McKenna gave Leah a Lola blanket and that has also been a BIG hit. Leah now sleeps with it for all her naps and at night too. Daddy invented a special method of setting Leah's crib up just right, with her blanket and Lola as well. That's also been a success.
As my sister Kathleen said, when I mentioned my surprise about just how much Leah LOVES stuffed animals, "I guess it depends on the kid." Well, Leah is one of those kids who really does like the family of plush toys she's created for herself! She takes several into her crib with each nap (night time sleep is reserved for just little Lola) and lately has been bringing Lola or some other random friend down with her to breakfast in the morning. It's tough to separate them, but I can usually get Leah to let go of her friend for a few minutes so she or he can "watch Leah" eat her toast or waffle.
The other night when I took this shot Leah refused to separate from the Care Bear she got from Grandma Nowak so that I could put her in her highchair. I finally gave in, thinking she'd hand Secret Bear over when she was ready for some actual food on her tray. In the meantime she had a blast playing with a spoon and fork and her bear. I like how in this shot she looks like she's performing some bizarre surgery. I took a few more and in those pictures it looks like Leah's chowing down on a meal of delicious steamed bear. She's one crazy kid!
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment