Almost all of our over 1500 cds are finally burned to our external hard drive and Pete has hooked up our new airport system so we can play them all via the stereo in our living room. For me and Leah this means every afternoon will be a little dance party. As you can tell from today's title, yesterday we reveled in the fact that we are rightous babes as we listened to Buffalo's famous, feminist, singer/songwriter Ani DiFranco.
Leah's personality has EXPLODED is the past few days. Pete told me yesterday that she actually tried to tickle HIM. I got a kick out of that. She's also starting trying to make me laugh by doing funny things. She's starting to understand SO MUCH.
I can tell by the way she grabs her cheerios at times that this will be a handful that gets tossed. When I see her about to do it, I make the sign for "eat" and say "no throwing." She gives me a disappointed look, but eats them and moves on to a toy or some other point of interest. It's amazing to see that she gets it.
This shot captures the true essence of Leah: rosy, vibrant, mischevious, and silly. She looks life right in the eyes and goes for it head on. I know I always say that I hate the flash. The composition in this one isn't great (that's my hand grabbing Leah), but I had to post it since it shows exactly what I'm looking at every day. Liveliness is a tough characteristic to express in 2D, but I thought I got it in this shot even with its artistic failings. I am so glad I can share her smile and moods with you all every day via descriptions and photos. And luckily, every once in a while a photo comes along that says more than that to me and inspires me to really share what's going on in Leah's life, development and relationships right now. I hope you all enjoy this snapshot!
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment