Wednesday, January 04, 2006

1st birthday girl


1st birthday girl
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
Pete, Leah and I had fun at our little family 1st birthday celebration lastnight. This picture is a little dark but that's sort of the point. It really captures the moment too. I was so busy frosting, grabbing the camera, and trying to keep Leah in her high chair that I totally forgot you need to turn the lights out to get a really good birthday candle picture. Pete was all over it though! He flicked out the lights and held out the cupcake (although I think Leah was more mesmerized by the candle) and we sang happy birthday. I even got the singing on video...a little something for the Leah archives.

Being that she had already been strapped in that chair for a while, Leah was eager to get out. She was even ready to shun her (made from scratch!)cupcake with (store-bought) vanilla frosting (I just got too tired...) in an effort to escape. But my husband, Mr. Sweet Tooth himself, was not about to let that happen! He took some frosting to her lips and it was over. She went right for the thing, alternately smushing and devouring it. "What a good girl" Pete said, with fatherly pride!

Thanks to everyone who sent alonmg their birthday wishes yesterday. I know if Leah could say something other than "dada," "mama," "bye" or "kkkkkiii" it would be a big "thank you" to all of you for making the first year of her life so sweet. Just like that yummy cupcake!

No comments: