Having a baby and a business is tough. While I enjoy both, I do find that one often suffers because I am so busy attending to the other. Usually it's the business, as I just can't forget about Leah. She's living, breathing, and has MANY needs (that need attending to NOW Mommy!!!). As my cousin Jeanne wrote to me the other day, and I'm summarizing here: having a baby is a love story.
She's so right. I am truly in love with Leah. I work hard on my business at night, over free weekends and during Leah's naps. But sometimes I'm lucky enough to have my tiniest (and only) employee cooperate with me long enough to address a few envelopes, read an email, or make a (very) quick phone call. In this shot, Leah was acting as my IT girl and working with some (unplugged!!) power strips. Everything was completely safe, with no workman's comp necessary.
Isn't it so sweet how she has her little mouth all twisted up, showing that she's deep in concentration? Of course I probably should have used that moment to sketch an idea or package something up for a client...but no I had to break out the camera and catch Leah doing what she does best. Just being her one year old self. One day I'll strike the right balance between work, play, family, and everything else. But until then, like Jeanne said, I'll just be a Mom in love. That other stuff will still be there tonight when she's tucked in bed or during her next nap. Enjoy the day everyone. We're headed off to the zoo to see some animals!!
Thursday, January 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment