Thursday, January 05, 2006

Frosting!


Frosting!
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
Did you think I'd let Leah's 1st birthday pass without a picture of her actually eating her birthday cupcake. I think this shot shows just how much she enjoyed the icing...mmmm! The sparkle in her eyes, the smile, and the way she has her hand up to her mouth and nose like that, make this picture for me. It's like she's trying to cover up one of her cute baby giggles.

I was feeling a little bad for Leah, with her birthday so close to the holidays. I was dead tired from all of the holiday hubub and I have no doubt that in future years I will be exhausted as well. But I have to say, my worries were a little unfounded. Celebrating with Leah (especially in such a low-key, home-based way) has kept the festivities going. My spirit has remained lifted and this new year really feels like a fresh start. People have warned me that A LOT of changes take place in a child between 12 and 24 months and I can see it already. Nothing like a sparkly-eyed, ever growing and changing little one to make you realize just how much can be accomplished in a single year!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPPPPY HAPPPY BIRTHDAY LEAH....SORRY I AM SO BELATED WITH BACK TO WORK AFTER THE HOLIDAYS.....UGHHHHH ..... I LOVE THE FROSTING ALSO ITS THE BEST ...HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON...I LOVE YOU AUNTIE....: )