This picture was taken when Leah was just about a month and a half old. I know, doesn't she look so different now? I have this picture on my dresser and as I got ready for bed lastnight I wondered, should I update?
I decided against updating for now. I remember thinking that having a tiny two month old was so hard! Now that I have a 7 month old, I have to laugh that I ever thought that. When Leah was a newborn, she would sit in her carrier and nap while I worked on the computer or around the house.When she woke up she would smile and coo at me.
Now, Leah doesn't stay still for a minute. She's always rolling somewhere or trying to reach something I don't want her to have. The coos have turns to shrieks and blowing raspberries. There were sleepless nights when Leah was a month and a half old but honestly, I sometimes think 7 month olds are a lot more exhausting!
I guess I've learned now that there are great things about every age and phase of childhood. I am enjoying Leah more than ever now...feeding her solids, watching her thrill when Lemmy walks by and sniffs her, playing games with her and making her laugh. But this picture reminds me that no matter how she grows or changes, Leah Charlotte will always be my baby.
Thursday, August 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Erin...Leah Charlotte will always be your "baby" in that very special sense only a mother can know! No matter how big or old she grows or how much physical distance separates you, you will always feel that attachment and be aware of and concerned about her happiness and safety. Though you have become a very capable and accomplished graphic designer, wife and mother, and a very special person in the lives of so many people who have come to know and love you, I can not help to think of you as "my little girl" when you face the frustrations and sometimes the hurt or sadness we all must meet in our lives. I am just so happy that you continue to let me "mother" you in the fashion that suits you best Erin, because I have loved being your MOM in all the ages and stages of our shared journey, and I look forward with excitement to my every changing part in the most important role in my life!
Post a Comment