Thursday, July 07, 2005

Better Late than Never!


The Girls
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
Sorry for the delay today, but flickr, the site I use to host my blog photos, was down for a bit. Hopefully I didn't cause anyone distress wondering, "is Leah alright?" Yes, she's doing ok. Our visit to the doctor went well and she just has a virus. Runny nose, cough, watery eyes...the usual. It doesn't really explain the weirdness on Tuesday night, but at least she has a clean bill of health for now. It's a pain, but I suppose whatever she has now will be something we won't have to deal with later. We plan on laying low and resting this weekend. Hopefully that will prevent her from getting any worse. I think we'll be on the road to recovery soon.

Even though Leah isn't feeling too good she's still eating her solids like a champ! This was one of my favorite pictures that I took this weekend and it shows Leah's cousin Madison helping me out with a feeding. Maddy handled the sweet potatoes and I took over the oatmeal. We had sort of a tag-team thing going and Leah loved it! A scoop of sweet potatoes, a scoop of cereal. It worked out rather well. Maddy has grown up so much since she was my flowergirl, but she remains one of my favorite people. So full of life and questions, she is truly excited to have Leah as her cousin. Judging by the way Leah took those sweet potatoes from her, I can tell the feeling is mutual! She also gazes at Maddy with that "you're such a big girl" sort of admiration. It's really cute. I love being an aunt to Maddy and Jack and I can't wait for future nieces and nephews. Well Leah's calling me. I better be off.

No comments: