As some of you know, especially those of you who saw the desktop background I had up for a while, I really want a Blythe doll. Manufactured by Kenner in 1972, the original Blythe was produced for only one year because of poor sales. In 2001 a Japanese company, Takara started producing new Blythes! I'm not a doll collector so I really don't care if I have a new or an old Blythe (like you could find a vintage one for under $500!), I just think they're cool. Even the new dolls are selling for $95 on ebay.
Luckily, I have my own little Blythe, and her name is Leah! Just look at the tiny little chin and the big eyes. The looming forhead and the stylishly cropped hair (thanks Grammy!). The best part is, I can play with her all day and she smiles! Still, Leah is growing and it's getting harder and harder to photograph her these days! There is an amazing artistic community of people (ok they're probably freaks, but If I had a Blythe I'd be one of them!) who take pictures of their blythe dolls in all sorts of random settings. I love it! And she'd probably be a better model than Leah at least for the time being. Who am I kidding? Leah is the best subject ever (at least to her Mom!)
Thursday, February 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Is it just me or does she get cuter in every picture? Forget Blythe, start marketing a Leah doll!
Post a Comment