We're gearing up for valentine's day! I've been taking lots of pink and red pictures and I thought this was a nice one. It captures Leah in one of her more contemplative moments. Leah loves windows and looking out at the world. She waves hello, even in situations like the one here...when no one is outside to see or hear her greetings. Looking out onto our empty patio full of snow, from a quiet upstairs window, Leah amazes me with all of the wonder and amazement she exudes in her approach to life.
Our last Valentine's Day was special but overwhelming as we dealt with the insanity, emotion and pressures of having month old baby. Last year I realized Leah brought a new kind of true love to my life. But now I know the depths to which that love can extend. Yesterday she sat next to me with her head on my arm. Every once in a while she would take a sip from her cup and pop a cheerio into her mouth. And then in a sweet gesture of care and generosity she would pop a cheerio into my mouth. I am forever grateful that I get to share my life, the good and bad, the laughter and tears, with this little girl...just like she shares her cheerios with me.
Friday, February 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment