Friday, October 07, 2005

October Rain


Blue Series 1
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
Lately, I've been getting a lot of comments about Leah's more contemplative side. When she's not smiling, I often hear "she's so serious!" or "what a serious girl" from neighbors or shop clerks or strangers we meet on the street. It's not so much that Leah can be serious, but like all of us she has her moods. On Leah, exhaustion, crankiness or illness, give out a solemn vibe. She's go, go going so much of the time that when she takes time to relax, she really does just that. Her eyes seem to drift away with whatever is (or is not) going on in that little baby brain of hers, and her body gets loose and rag-dollish. I took this shot for the Kids and Babies Weekly Theme Pool but mostly I just love it for the eyes and eyebrows. It helps me to see why people think she's so serious much of the time.

Obviously, for people who have met her or for those who check the blog regularly, serious is not the number one word I would use to describe LeLe. Fun, active, cute, smart, defiant, squirrely...are much more accurate. Then again I could go on and on about Leah and her personality quirks. Have a great weekend everyone. Stay dry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that pic of Leah.
is there any chance Kathleen and i gcan get one in B/w for our house?
Uncle Mark

Erin Nowak, Designer and Illustrator said...

So glad you like it Mark. I will try and get a B&W before I come down to visit in a few weeks! See you then...