I really like using Flickr.com and find that participating in groups (pools where people upload photos containing a certain theme or particular subject) to be fun and rewarding. One neat group is the Kids and Babies Weekly Theme Pool. Pictures must be taken during that week, so it's sort of like a weekly photo assignment that gets me going and inspired. Last week's theme was "bright." I never did end up posting any of my pictures, but that's what prompted the pictures of Leah in her striped sweater.
This week's theme is "blue" and while I've been trying to get some good shots this one is a little tougher for me. Regardless, it did get me this cute picture of Leah in her sweet little denim dress. I looked for a blue shirt, but no dice. I figured the complete outfit plus the blue eyes was a no-brainer, but sometimes photography is an elusive art-form. Often the biggest surprises are the best photos and planned shots often fall flat.
I'll keep trying to get an image that truly represents this weeks theme and themes to come, but until then I'll just be happy getting inspired by the assignment itself and excited about the unlikely shots of Leah that I get from giving it a go!
Wednesday, October 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment