It has been 2 days and Leah's naps are WAY off. Yesterday she had a morning nap, but a completely napless afternoon. Not for lack of trying! Fran tried twice to get her down while she was here to no avail. I tried later when I got home (after letting her run around and get her ya-yas out) and she just sat up there and chatted away for an hour. Finally I gave up when the chatting turned to tears. Hopefully she at least got some restful quiet time.
Today we had MOPS which meant no morning nap. After that I had a WomenTIES seminar so Fran came again for a quick spell. This time Fran actually got Leah to sleep, but of course upon laying her down Leah popped right up again. She let her try and eventually make it to sleep but Leah never did. She just ended up calling "Waan?! Waaan?!" (That's Leahnese for "Fran") over and over. I arrived home and after a story time full of yawns and cuddles (this baby was TIRED!!!! She was literally walking into walls before I took her upstairs!) I put her down again. Well it's been and hour and she's still up there talking!!! No sleep for Leah!!!
I will say that Leah's system has been off (without going into too much detail, let's just say lots of lower GI activity) so there's that. But otherwise I can't figure out what this is all about. Just another Leah related challenge. She loves to throw me those curve balls!!! As people have been saying to me since she was a little infant "Hey!!! At least she sleeps through the night!" And yes, I do take comfort in that! But still...a little nap would be nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
2 music references in one day...Nice. Two naps a day and Leah still sleeps through the night...life is good is for you. Ella will only take one nap a day and still gets up a few times a night. Somebody help us!
PS Ella loves seeing Leah's pix on the computer.
Post a Comment