I snagged this quietly lit shot lastnight while Leah tried to help her Daddy with his "Honey-Do" list. I've been begging Pete to install drawer locks on our living room end tables ever since Leah figured out how to open them and blindly (she's not tall enough to see into the drawers) rifle through their contents. She always emerges with a pen or screwdriver, or some other tool that can double as a weapon ("if you hold it right"....another little nod to Ani DiFranco there!).
Anyway, poor Leah...there she was happily assisting in a project that will ultimately lead to her own frustration. I can hear her now, looking at Pete and I, shaking her fist and saying to herself in a Russian accent "Moose and Squirrel!!!!!!!!" We've foiled her dastardly attempts to get into trouble yet again!
Childproofing might be a pain, but it is necessary. We won't turn our whole house into a fortress of safety. I'm not even sure we can. Besides Leah does need to learn that there are boundaries and to exhibit some modicum of self-control around them. Still there is much to be done, but I don't mind. Look at how sweet Pete and Leah look here, talking with each other, learning, and just being together. It warms a Mommy's heart, almost as much as seeing those drawer locks finally installed!
Friday, March 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment