Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Lazy


Leah and Mommy
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
I could not get inspired to upload pictures today so I decided to post the one from a year ago. The look on my face here describes how I still feel about being a mom: happy, content, delighted, and amazed by my child and what she has to offer. Sure, these days Leah seems lightyears away from this shot. She talks ("ball," "clue," "high five," "eye" and "me" are a few of the new words she's been using), she MOVES, and she definitely tests my patience. I've changed too...I'm a little more tired (even with a baby that sleeps well through the night...these toddler years are tough!) and a little busier with business. Nevertheless, this picture really does illustrate for me...the importance of slowing down and being present in one's own life. I want to enjoy these moments.

I also want to say thanks to everyone who has been so generous in donating to Pete's St. Baldrick's efforts. He appreciates it more than you all know and feels good about giving up his hair for such a worthy cause. I guess it's finally starting to set in with me because I'm starting to get a little scared. Oh well, I guess that's what it's all about though right? Identifying with the many children out there who lose their own hair due to cancer and its treatment. There's nothing to be scared about...Pete's will grow back. Let's just hope he doesn't scare the pants off Leah!

No comments: