Thursday, March 30, 2006

Bangs Trimmin'


Salon Stylin'
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
So at our Strathmore playgroup yesterday, one of my neighbors recommended a kid's salon up North called Snipitz that I could take Leah too. You know the hair is out of control when the neighbors are telling you the kid needs it cut. After making a call to find out how much it costs to trim a 15 month old girl's bangs, I decided to go for it. It was the best $6.95 (+ tip) I've spent in a long time and worth every penny! I wouldn't doubt it if Leah ate $6.95 worth of animal crackers while we were there, so I really feel I got a deal!

All was going good (she was the only kid in the place) until they put the smock on her. Then there were some tears. But I busted out Lola, the stylist put a little cartoon on the TV screen about getting your hair cut, and by the time we got an animal cracker in each fist...she was putty in our hands. In the end the stylist praised her for sitting so still, I was delighted to have this first trip to an official salon over with, and Leah was just thrilled she could see now (without a wall of hair blocking her view!). She got a "temporary tatoo" as her prize (we never did put it on her) and was happy as clam for the entire ride home just looking at it and chatting to herself.

Pete was pleasantly surprised to see her new look when he walked in from work last evening. I'm hoping this trim will get us to Easter. After that, I'll be happy to go back and spend another $6.95. It's worth it to actually see my baby's beautiful face and blue eyes!!! Good job LeLe!

No comments: