Monday, March 13, 2006

Experimentation


Playing
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
Leah is attempting to take a quick nap at this point before we have to leave for swim class. She has been practicing "blowing bubbles" in the bath although it usually results in some inhaled water and a few tears. Nevertheless this skill is coming along. Pete and I decided it might be a good idea to get her to practice in the tub, after a conversation I had with my Mom. I was pulling my hair out over the fact that Leah kept spitting her milk all over the place. I just thought she was enjoying a little "cause and effect" amusement, when my Mom mentioned "aren't you working on blowing bubbles in swimming?" Duh!!! Now Leah realizes that that sort of activity is reserved for water...when we are in the pool or the bathtub. I am so happy to have this spitting issue relatively solved (for the moment at least...you never know when it might start up again with a toddler!) and my carpets and Leah's clothes are thankful as well!

No comments: