Friday, September 09, 2005

waving goodbye to summer


big yellow flower
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
This picture was taken just when Leah started waving. Now she is a full-fledged "hi" and "bye" girl. Leah waves at EVERYTHING! She waves at our cat Lemmy, the neighbors, shop clerks, nurses at the doctor's office and the landscape in general when we open her shades in the morning. Yesterday we spent a good ten minutes waving goodbye to each and every stuffed animal as we left Leah's room after her nap.

Just as Leah has started with this new skill the summer is getting ready to end. I'm ready for Fall but I am a little sad to see summer go when I look at this photo. It was so nice to be standing in a field of the biggest and most beautiful yellow flowers. Leah was in awe of them. I'll miss the lush green of the Garden at Mohonk (if only my lawn looked like that!) but amazingly enough I am looking forward to the crsp breezes of Fall and the crackling fires we make in winter. Maybe it's because cold and snow remind me of my January baby. Leah loves when I sing "Edelweiss" to her and I've come to think of her as my own little "blossom of snow." So for now we say adieu to summer and hello to a new season of MOPS, cozy afternoons at home, and several more months of my little blossom growing like a weed! No matter what season it is, I know Leah will ALWAYS keep me on my toes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just think Leah...you're about to enter the third season of your short yet ever so eventful existence in this busy and beautiful world. Here's to a fun and peaceful Fall for each of us ... I think it is my favorite season of all!