We had a great weekend! Pete's Mom, sister and niece came down for a visit. We had a cook out, got Madison some school shoes for first grade (what a big girl!), and spent some time together talking and playing. Leah loves her older couisin. Madison had Leah in stiches! As Maddy said, she has "the magic touch" when it comes to making Leah smile and giggle. It was nice to have Aunt Anne around, she always gives my arms a break since she could hold and hug Leah for hours on end. And of course Leah always loves to see her Grandma Barb! Grandma brought a very cute outfit with her for Leah! It has me so excited for Autumn!
All of the ladies were surprised to see how much Leah has grown and changed. She was pulling herself up to standing constantly and at one point she even made a move to come to me. It was just a twist around and she fell in my arms, but for a moment, when she lifted both hands off the ottoman, Anne and I looked at each other like "what?!" I think we both thought she might try and walk for a minute there, but thankfully she did not. Please...I need a little while to recover from all of the changes she's just made. We're still working on getting her to lay down in the crib (she keeps popping up), I don't need her walking just yet!
In addition to our visit with family we also got a few much needed chores done around the house. As you can see (behind Leah) in this picture, my office is painted. It's a pretty, warm, and dusty orange color. Now we need to move some furniture around, organize stuff, finish painting some of the trim, and I need to sew up some curtains. I have the material, I just need to get down to business on that.
Besides working on the office we also got a few more items to baby-proof the house (a gate for the top of our stairs was a must!), went food shopping, mowed the lawn, picked up a few things we needed at the mall. It was a very domestic weekend. It was also a fun one. I will be sad to see this summer float away in a few weeks. It was a fun one, and I will always remember it, for the sweltering heat as well as the fact that it was my first summer being a Mom. Leah and I had such fun together. Like I said before though I cannot wait for Fall! I know there is much more Leah excitement to come.
Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment