Just as she loves her Great-Grandma, you can already tell that Leah loves her Great-Grandpa too. She smiles and giggles at his silly faces and sounds, especially the popping sound he makes when he slides his finger across the inside of his cheek. That's a standard Grandpa trick I think. Leah also likes the fact that Great-Grandpa is amused my her saucy, spitfire nature at times. She's a pip! As we were leaving their house Leah was refusing to get in her car seat. As Grandpa said, she wasn't crying so much as just getting really mad at me for trying to buckle her in.
Speaking of mad, Leah woke up at the crack of dawn this morning. We tried to put her back down after lots of rocking and comforting but she would just crawl to the end of the crib closest to the door. On her knees and holding on to the bars, she was wailing. I have to say I smiled when I came back in the room to get her though. She looked like she was in "baby jail" and it just cracked me up. Poor Leah.
Regardless, baby jail would be a luxury for some of the babies (and even adults!) who are suffering in the south today. Our thoughts are with them and I know yours probably are too. We are going to see if we can scrape together some money to donate and we definitely have some clothes and other items we can bring to the Salvation Army. If you know any other ways in which we might help let us know. Until then we'll be here, thankful for the sun, breezes, and the beautiful day!
Friday, September 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment