Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Leah owns no green (except for the lime green polka dot and striped socks you've seen her sporting), so I bought her this cutie head piece at the grocery store. She gave an obligatory smile for the camera but was way more amused when I put it on for her. Leah is maybe just a tiny bit more polish than irish, but luckily they have very cute head gear too called wianki. It's a festive crown of flowers tied with ribbons at the back. I'll be sure to get a picture of her wearing one this June at Polish Fest.
This morning we attempted a little nap training. It was not successful (I say as she sleeps on me while I type!). As I may have mentioned before, the kid sleeps GREAT at night in her bassinet but naps are scattered and brief during the day. We are getting ready to transfer her to sleeping in her crib at night so I figured I'd get her taking naps in there during the day so she could get used to it. While I'm at it I figured I'd get her on more of a napping schedule (one morning, one afternoon...is that so much to ask?). It seems Leah has her own ideas on this, but I'm sure if we give it a little time and keep doing what the pediatrician and books say, we'll eventually get our party girl to take the rests she needs (in the appropriate location) and in the process give Mom a break too.
We'll keep you posted. Until then, Erin go bragh, Kiss me, I'm Irish and Pionta Guinness, le do thoil...which means "a pint of Guinness, please!" in irish. Luckily La Leche League actually recommends 1 dark beer a week. I'll be drinking mine tonight after this darn nap training!
Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh!
(or a St. Patrick's day blessing upon you all!)
Thursday, March 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
THOSE IRISH EYES ARE SMILING!!! WHAT A CUTE LITTLE LASS YOU ARE!!!
GRAMMY :o)
love you and miss you LeLe!
Love Auntie K
Post a Comment