Friday, March 11, 2005

Grease Lightning


What you Talkin' bout Mommy?
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
So last night, taking the doctor's advice, Pete and I tried to attack Leah's cradle cap and rid her scalp of those yucky scales. For those of you who don't currently own a baby or never have, this is done by massaging baby oil on to the baby's scalp. I can't even begin to explain how much Leah enjoyed this! I should have taken a picture, because by the end of the massaging she looked like Don King. All that hair was greased up and she had a HUGE smile on her face. We decided she is definitely like her Mommy, and will someday love going to the salon and having lots of attention paid to her hair.

Next comes the fun part, combing the scales off. For all you people who love to pick at things like myself, this was very satisfying. Luckily, Leah's case was not too bad otherwise we would have had to do a lot of scrubbing and use some more serious shampoos. Speaking of shampoo, after we got most all of the crust off it was time for a bath. We probably should have washed her hair twice though because we must not have gotten all the oil out and this morning she now looks like Pete's favorite actor, Benicio Del Toro. When I tried to take her picture, in all her greasy glory, Leah gave me the same look feastured in this picture I took last week ("Uum, I don't think so Mommy..."). I ran this picture to spare her the shame of exposing a hairdo brought on by incompetent parent bathing. We plan on washing the little fuzzball again tonight (and Saturday too...) so she can look good for her christening this weekend. I'm sure I'll have some pictures of that to share next week. Have a great weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leah is a girl of the times...enjoying cranio-scaral massage. And at her age.
Good taste must be hereditary