Monday, May 15, 2006

Back in Action!!!

So Leah and I finally made it back to the pool this week. I thought you guys might enjoy a glimpse of her in her swim gear getting ready to head towards the aquatic center. She didn't have much patience when I took this. The concerned and disappointed look on her face is her way of saying "Mommy. What's the hold up? I want to get to the pool NOW!!!!" She did great after being out for a week and "pool" and "suit" (short for bathing suit) are two of her favorite words lately. Our Mother's Day was excellent. Leah got me a hummingbird feeder, which I have wanted for a long time and we went out to brunch at Alto Cinco, a cool mexican restaurant. Leah loves avacado, potatoes, tortilla, eggs, and fruit...so there was lots for her to eat. I had a delicious decaf cappucino with my breakfast burrito and Pete had one of the largest (and probably the only fresh-squeezed) mimosas I've ever seen. WOW!!!! It was a great time and we tried to thoroughly soak up every minute it of it...even if Leah was a bit of a ticking time-bomb. She stuck it out though...eating and playing her way through the meal. Pete and I also realize that when number two comes...such outings won't be as easy. I have a feeling it will be breakfast at home next Mother's Day. That's not a bad thing though. Maybe it will get me breakfast in bed??? I hope all the Mom's out there had a joyous day!

No comments: