Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Agony of Defeat


More Mountain Goat
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
If last week's Mountain Goat picture showed the "Thrill of Victory" as my Uncle Mike and Aunt Marsha mentioned, then I chose to feature another picture from that same day to better explain this week we're having. Poor Leah, after another poopstravaganza yesterday we had to bail on swim class. The poor kid was still lethargic, cranky, and not herself. We ended up heading to the pediatrician instead.

Apparently, she (and half the city population under the age of three) has Rotovirus. It's gross, it's yucky, it's highly contagious, and I wash my hands constantly. The crankiness is from the gut-wrenching stomach cramps and the exhaustion is from the fact that she's literally "pooped!" I now understand the meaning of that phrase, or at the very least I've created my own rationale. Luckily, she's out of the fever and puke stage, although I still have to be very careful with her diet and keep her really hydrated. A tough job since she's rejecting the pedialyte. She's not even loving the pedialyte ice-pops, usually a favorite. She will take water though and she's eating banana, apple sauce, toast and crackers. So that's something. We're on the mend, but it's going to take a little longer than I thought. The doctor says by the end of this week she should be getting back to normal. THANK GOD! That would be the best Mother's Day gift a Mom could ask for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope Leah starts to feel better soon. I am sure it is hard to see your little angel so sick. Well wishes from Minnesota!