Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The world we live in and life in general


Beer Baby
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
This one was taken by Daddy (of course!) several weeks ago. I had purchased some provisions for my book club, since I was host, but most of it never got utilized. True, the ladies are mostly wine drinkers...but even so we pretty much stuck to soda that evening. Oh well...as you can see, it provided Leah with a climbing toy at the very least.

Our trip to the doctor was relatively succesful yesterday. The behavior was improved from our last visit (although there were still plenty of tears) and overall Leah seems to be coming along nicely. Her stats were:

Length 29" (although we're pretty sure that's completely inaccurate. I can't wait until we can take a standing measurement from her!!)

Weight 20lbs, 12 oz (still a peanut but the doctor wasn't too worried, it put her in an acceptable percentile range I guess)

And head circumference 47.5 (I don't even know what to say about that except that it seems huge compared to everything else!)

Developmentally the kid is doing amazing, so what if she's a shorty right? She survived two shots and was right back out into the waiting room so we could check out, waving and smiling at all the kids. She really is a sweet little girl! I'd like to keep her that way...so no beer until she's at least 25 or 30 :)

Oh yes...and big ups to whoever knows where today's title comes from (without looking it up on the internet...). If you get it right you can come to our house and have one of these beers. Seriously...I think it's been like a month and they're still hanging around!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's Somebody by Depeche Mode...my favorite song of theirs too no less! I will never forget the first time I heard it.