Tuesday, April 25, 2006

April Showers!!!!


Grammy and her duckling
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
Yep, it's still rainy here in CNY. Hey, at least it's not snow right? I thought I would post this cute shot of my Mom with Leah in her little rain slicker. I think it's cute even if Leah is looking awfully serious.

Slowly but surely I'm getting back to my normal self. My little duckling Leah is helping a lot with that. She is getting better at entertaining herself without getting into too much mischief and she is communicating so well. it's nice to know what she wants so that I can better meet her needs or explain why she can't have a certain thing at a given moment. Sure...she likes to tear through the kitchen garbage and take full cups of (old and cold) coffee off our end table...but it was my fault for leaving it there.

I just have to give myself a break and be patient with myself (something I'm not always very good at). I know that will help me get through these rainy and challenging toddler days with my sanity intact!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just think of how cute it was that she shared her stuffed animals with you. You must be doing something right. That should help get you through the challenging toddler days. For someone so young to sense you needed comforting is really sweet.