This is the most recent picture I could find with my Grandma and Leah. After a long, very well-lived, loving life my Grandma passed away on Friday. I didn't quite make it to the hospital on time to see her that day but in my heart I know she was aware of just how much I loved her and what a strong (yet quiet) influence she was in my life. I feel as if I can't even begin to understand the depths to which I will miss her.
I love this picture because of the smile on my Grandpa's face. I am afraid it will be a while before I get to see him smiling this way again. But his three great-grandchildren, Owen, Leah, and Clare, seem to help with that. I also love that you can see my favorite corner in my grandparents' house in this shot, filled with pictures of family, especially their 14 grandchildren. This little picture, which was lost in a sea of the hundreds of pictures I take, didn't seem extraordinary when I took it. Now, I can't believe I hadn't noticed it sooner. It brings tears to my eyes and captures so much of what is important to me in this world.
Leah's round little face and her sense of knowing what she wants, reminds me of my Grandma. I am so happy that they had the chance to know each other. Even if it was only for a short time. I will miss you Grandma.
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You and your family have my Deepest Sympathy.
Post a Comment