Another late day, but that's what happens when we're busy with MOPS. I thought you might enjoy this shot of Leah doing the ASL sign for "more." It is so exciting to be communicating with her and her ability to sign back and learn new signs has come just in time!!!
Lately when Leah wants something she stretches and reaches towards it and starts to babble or whine. This would be ok, except that for the past two days she's been ponting at one corner of the kitchen and I can't for the life of me figure out what she's pointing to! Is it the candle? The kitchen aid mixer? The pear? What???
Needless to say, signing definitely eliminates some of that. When she puts her two hands together like this (it's amazing how clear and decisinve a motion she makes it too!) I know she wants more of whatever it is we're doing. More macaroni and cheese please! More playing (as in..."do that again Mommy!"). More bouncing or more music. Now that she's got "more" down, we've been working on the compliment to that..."all done." I hate cutting the kid off especially when she's looking at me cutely and showing off her signing skills...but there's only so many wagon wheels in a canister or times I can bounce the kid before she pukes. I'll keep you posted on our progress.
Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment