Every year, as my anniversary rolls around I find myself taking a little time to think back on my honeymoon and our amazing trip to Peter Island. Sure, it rained most of the time (this shot was taken on one of the two sunny days we had) but it was fun nonetheless. Sort of like those rough days where Leah doesn't nap. It could be better but I'll still take it the way it is. Even when they're not at their best, tropical beaches and 10 month old babies, are still pretty great.
Back in April I wrote about what it would someday be like to take Leah with us on vacation. I can see her now...running through the surf, building sand castles and shaking the bottom of this palm tree trying to get a coconut to fall. Well I'm not sure a tropical vacation is in our near future. Which is extra sad considering that we might have some snow showers today. But as Pete and I prepare for our first night with both of us away from our baby, I find myself excited and hopeful.
I know I always enjoyed time with my friends and family, away from my parents, as a kid. Weekends spent with my grandparents were always great. Grandpa would fix me my favorite concoction of cream soda and milk and my Grandma would always be up early in the morning with me to talk or play a game. I always thought it was so cool to stay with my aunts and uncles without my parents. My Uncle Jay taught me that you can put ketchup on eggs and my cousins Matt and Jeff had a dog, a fun swing set, and a cool pool (all important things when you're 8)!
I know Leah will have a great time with my family this weekend. Just as she does when Grandma Barb comes down to our house to babysit for her. Knowing that Leah is comfortable and having fun without us will enable us to have a relaxing and enjoyable time ourselves. I'm really looking forward to it and I know when I do see her on Sunday I will be refreshed and ready for that big Leah hug she'll be saving for me!
Thursday, November 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment