Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sorry we're late...


over there
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
We had a busy morning, so I'm just getting to blog now. My Mom mentioned how much she liked this picture because of the pointing. Being a scholar of early childhood development, my mom was excited to see Leah recognizing different objects and items in her world and sharing them with the people around her. Leah is doing a lot of communication these days and I'm finally getting to see some of my sign language efforts pay off.

She has done the signs for "more" and "all done" several times, but I'm still waiting to see a little more consistency with that. Leah also lets us know when she'd like to hear some music, by doing some of her dance moves and most importantly pretending to snap. She continues to make the "kkkiii" sound when ever she sees our cat Lemmy. I think she also thinks most animals are "kitties." I've heard her make that sound to a few dogs and the odd chipmunk or squirrel too. Leah babbles alot, but it seems most of the da-da-da-das are reserved for when she sees or wants to crawl all over Pete. I'm looking forward to even more understanding of what this baby is thinking at times!

No comments: