As I mentioned earlier in the week, my Uncle Mike sent us an excellent children's CD (and some other fun goodies...who doesn't love stickers?) by one of his favorite artists, Terri Hendrix. Her music is all over the map on this cd, with sounds of bluegrass, folk, country, jazz and rock all rolled into one! Leah can't get enough of the song "Get your Goat on!" and I really like the positive messages that can be found in her lyrics. There's lots of encouragement to be yourself, respect others, find the good in all different types of feelings and emotions and most importantly to HAVE FUN!
I thought this crazy shot I took during our Christmas photo shoot was a great example of Leah celebrating the many characteristics that make her unique. The goofy "old man smile" on her face, the one that makes her look as if she's got dentures or no teeth always makes me laugh. Notice the "snapping" fingers. She was truly getting her goat on in this one. The "crazy eyes" also show her passion for music and enthusiasm for getting down with her bad self. Having her little christmas fleece on just rachets this picture up another notch in the silliness department.
One neat surprise was that the "car car" song was included on this CD! How cool is that? Leah loves it...along with "Nerves" and "Play Ball." Thanks so much Uncle Mike for the thoughtful gift!
Thursday, December 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You're very welcome. I can't wait to see Leah start signing "Goat".
Post a Comment