Friday, December 09, 2005

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...


My Christmas Star
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
Well we've got lots of the white stuff here now! Just in time for the big neighborhood Christmas celebration. It should be fun. I'm picturing a scene from the movie "Funny Farm" with Chevy Chase...Currier and Ives meets The Griswolds.

I'll be sure to charge my battery up and take lots of pictures. As part of the festivities, we'll be taking Leah to have breakfast with Santa tomorrow morning and hopefully, get her picture taken with the big guy. After Leah's nap we'll head down to the park where they'll have horse-drawn carriage rides, a family snowman building contest, carolers and a tree lighting party with hot cocoa and popcorn stringing. Pete volunteered to sell wreaths and may also take a turn in the big blowup snowman costume! We'll see...

We also plan to get our own Christmas tree. I can't wait. I'm sure Leah will do her best to terrorize it and I may only be able to decorate it from the middle up to the top but that's ok! It's Christmas with a baby and she's already made this season more fun and meaningful for me than it has been in years! Enjoy your weekends everyone. Stay warm!!!

No comments: