We spent our Saturday with some old Alfred friends on a Finger Lakes wine tour. We hit an amazing bunch of wineries thanks to the organizational skills of our "cruise director" Julie, I mean Brian! Fox Run, Anthony Road, Torrey Ridge, Red Newt Cellars and PreJean were just a few of the places we visited around Seneca Lake. Pete's favorite was The Champagne House where they pour excellent sparkling wines from Swedish Hill and Goose Watch wineries. I enjoyed Glenora, where they have a beautiful view and a yummy Gewürztraminer that I like to drink when I make spicy dishes.
Our last stop was Wagner, where they also have a brewery in addition to making wines. My family visited here for my sister Devon's gradutation last year. Since I couldn't drink then it was nice to get a few tastes in this year. Their beer is especially good I think. I snapped this picture of Brian, Pete and Curtis, holding a sign that could probably be Alfred's motto: "Beauty is in the Eye of the Beer Holder." At least that seemed to be true when I attended. We have all grown up a little bit since then. But not too much. Thankfully we're still young enough to take a bus around the NY countryside, eating Doritos and candy bars (ok there were some carr's crackers and cheese too) while running around tasting wines. It was a great time and a delight to see everyone there. I missed my little Leah, but it was good to have a baby-free moment. More on Leah's weekend tomorrow.
Tuesday, May 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment