After yesterday's stressed out blog and Leah's angelic performance throughout most of the day, I've decided I need to take a chill. Babies are babies. As my Aunt Erin commented, it's tough when they start getting a mind of their own. So true. Each day is different with Leah, sometimes she sleeps and sometimes she doesn't. Sometimes she's hungry and sometimes she's not. I just need to learn to go with her flow. It might mean less sleep and no shower for me, or I could get a surprise two minutes to sit down and sip some coffee. It's a crap shoot (no pun intended!). Breaking a lifelong habit will be tough, but I really don't want Leah to be a stressed out baby or a worried child.
This was a little picture I snapped by holding out the camera to try and take a picture of us playing together. We were practicing some prop-sitting and playing with the stacking donuts that we all had growing up. The cool thing about them is they retain their original form with a couple of cool new design features. The top donut is a rattle and the whole tower weebles and wobbles without falling down. I just thought this captured a nice moment. The most beautiful late afternoon sun was coming in through the windows as we sat on the floor and played in Leah's room. It's blurry, but that's what makes it artsy. And besides I love the peaceful concentration on Leah's face and the color of her (for now) blue eyes. Have your own peaceful weekend everybody! Don't forget to relax...
Friday, May 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment