It was a busy weekend. Leah was very well behaved for her Grammy and her Great Uncle Pete, while my own Pete and I went on a wine tour of the finger lakes. I'll have more details on all that tomorrow. Of course I am still VERY busy with work, and to add insult to injury I have a dentist appointment today. No fun there, especially since I am still getting over my cold.
I did manage to make my love a yummy mandarin orange cake for his 34th birthday though. The icing is delicious, with lots of whipped cream and crushed pineapple. I'm not sure if it was the cake or the candles but Leah was riveted by this whole scene. In this shot, I think Leah is hoping her father could wish some actual solid foods into her tummy, but not yet. The delicious hand will have to be enough to sustain Ms. LeLe in between nursings for the time being. Patience, grasshopper.
Overall it seemed like Pete had a delightful birthday. Having Leah here to celebrate with us made it all the more special. It might sound cliché but she brings such new meaning to our lives. Well, whatever Pete's birthday wish is, I hope it comes true. Now blow out those candles kids and let's eat!
Monday, May 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WOW, I wish Uncle Pete and I didn't have to leave town so early...that cake looks scrumptious!!! We had a great time keeping you busy Leah while Mom and Dad spent a fun day with friends and had a chance to celebrate Daddy's B'day big boy style! I'm looking forward to Mother's Day weekend when we will all have some more fun together!
Post a Comment