When I was a kid my parents belonged to the Bronx Zoo. As a child, it always seemed so far from our house to me (in reality it was actually pretty close). I often wondered how my parents managed to take us for what seemed like weekly visits over certain summer breaks. Now that I am a mom, with a zoo five minutes from my house, I can see why a parent would take their child or children as often as possible.
Leah loves the zoo and even though ours is small, there is always something new to see. Many of the animals that were awake and active during our last visit, were resting this week. And we got to have a few new experiences this time around! The highlight for Leah was getting to touch Siri (that's LeLe's hand in the picture!), an asian elephant. She was so excited after the first touch...that we had to go back for several more. Leah was delighted to pet Siri's trunk, leg, and the side of her big elephant body.
The zoo also tuckers Leah out and makes her perfectly ripe for a nice summer afternoon nap! The only thing is...it makes me VERY tired too!!!
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
WOW Leah!!! Grammy is so impressed with your willingness to get up close and personal with such a big creature! You are one adventurous little girl. Can't wait to show you the Bronx Zoo...it will be like old times for Pa and me.
"Something tells me its all happening at the zoo . . "
We will try to stop in Sunday on our way back to NJ. We will give you a call after we stop at Wegmans to pick up a supply of Hoffman's Snappy Grillers!
We are looking forward to giving Terry Hendrix some moral support at the Philly zoo. Cause' "all God's critters have a place in the choir."
I do believe it. I do believe it's true.
Post a Comment