Friday, July 21, 2006

Cheesy Face


Cheesy Face
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
Last summer our friends Pete and Marisa came to visit us with their son Nicholas. He was a few months younger than Leah is now, but he would crack us all up by doing what Marisa and Pete called "the cheesy face." Not long after Leah became a toddler herself she started making her own "cheesy face" (expertly demonstrated in today's photo). It used to come out whe we asked her to smile for the camera, but after she saw the reaction it got from me and Pete she began doing it all on her own. No requests needed (although we love it so much we do ask to see it from time to time). Now she'll just start cheesy facing out of the blue, like she did this morning at breakfast (along with balancing as many cheerios as she possibly could on top of her head). I think she does it just to be silly or to make Pete and I laugh and smile. I have to say it works!

No comments: