Monday, July 31, 2006

Sproutin'!


Sproutin' 2
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
I'm sure every parent never stops being amazed by how fast their children grow. Leah seems to be changing with every single moment and she is FULL of surprises! Each day it seems she comes out with a new word. Last week I heard "hiccup," "shower," and "table" for the first time.

I thought this picture made her look so grown up. She actually let me get an elastic into her hair and kept it there for one magical half-hour. I tried for two, one pony on each side, but to no avail! I couldn't distract her enough. I thought the extra-tiny clear rubber bands I had purchased might help (and they did for that half hour) but I haven't gotten one in since. I won't give up though. Eventually, I'm hoping she'll give in and indulge her Mommy's love of amateur hairstyling.

Today at swimming Leah surprised me again...by going on the boat at our swim class. We have been practicing getting the tots used to equipment and exercises they will experience throughout their years taking swim lessons. We've discussed life jackets, played with kick boards, waited on the bleachers for class to start (the toughest lesson for Leah to learn!) and practiced taking turns with each child going to the swim instructor and away from Mommy!

Today we taught the kids to sit in the little raft and hold on with both hands while they were towed around by Mom VERY SLOWLY. Leah was like an old pro! Again, the toughest part had to do with patience. Getting out was her least favorite part and waiting for her turn to come up again was GRUELING...but we made it through. And of course...her new favorite word is "boat!"

No comments: