Friday, February 16, 2007

Princess of the Home Officeshire

Well, I can't blog for too long. The princess is up from her nap and beckons me. Aaaaahhhh...the joys of parental servitude! It's still very snowy here. We're on our 3rd day of city school closings. Looks like February vacation arrived early for the neighborhood kids. We're headed to Grammy and Pa's house on Sunday for our own little break. That is...if there's a break in the weather!

Pete needs some peace and quiet so that he can finally finish Aisy's room. We're happy to oblige. I'm a little nervous about 3.5 hours in the car (or at thruway rest stops!) with a toddler and a four month old, but I think I can handle it. Thankfully I have friends like Cynthia to show me it's possible. She's taken her four boys on road trips halfway accross the country and back...and they were all under 6 or 7 years old. Two little girls should be easy! Let's just hope Aislin doesn't experience diaper blow-out and Leah has enough goldfish crackers to keep her happy. I think we'll be OK...right Cyn?

Anyway, between being buried under PILES of snow and losing electricity for all of Wednesday night...we've still been having fun. Sure, I didn't get to see "LOST" and I was freezing cold, but we made a fire and tried to make the best of it. Still I have to envy the spirit of the pioneers. Reading a book by candlelight is not easy! I did manage to somehow get Aislin to her 4 month old check-up yesterday. The roads were slippery but it was worth the trip to hear she's doing great at a whopping 14.5 lbs. and 24.75"!

Our other big girl has been enjoying all that being snowed in has to offer. Leah's really sharpened her play-doh skills over the past couple days and has been playing all different sorts of pretend games. She loves being "mommy" to her Bitty Baby and rescuing her Fisher-Price Little People from the roof of their house. I love it when I hear "HELP! HELP! I stuck on roof!!! Needs a Mommy!" *brief pause, while she changes character* "I'll save you!!" coming from from the living room. And of course Leah LOVES to play princess. She enjoyed eating dinner by candlelight during our blackout and afterwards sat down next to me in front of the fireplace and said "I need coffee." I think she's seen too many pictures of people sitting in front of a fire with steaming cups of hot cocoa. She figured hey...mugs and fireplaces go together.

Stay warm until we return everyone! Have a great week and we'll blog when we get back!

1 comment:

cakegrl said...

Aww, how cute! I can just hear her Little People plea for help! You must have been grinning ear to ear! What a sweetie!

Safe trip girls!!!