My brother Colin recently moved to Mississippi and the girls sure do miss him a lot. I took this shot on Christmas day, moments after we walked in the door to my parent's house. Colin was ready to meet his new niece for the first time and couldn't wait to give her a big cuddle. Aisy of course was happy to oblige, but if you look closely at her face here she doesn't look completely content.
As I've mentioned in previous posts the girl has had a rough time of it over the past four months. Colic, severe diaper rash, a burning need to be held by Mommy at all times, and a non-existent nap schedule all seem like small things on the surface. Most of the time we can deal with them just fine. As I've also mentioned before...when Aislin isn't crying she is sublimely angelic! But when you add all of those maladies together it can take it's toll on a baby, the diaper rash in particular. I could just tell it was painful for the poor child. That was until Boudreaux's Butt Paste entered her life!!!
So this entry is dedicated to the deep south! We want to send some love to Uncle Colin down in Biloxi and we also wanted to mention the miracle diaper rash cream that has to be Louisiana's greatest gift to the world since gumbo! Her rash is GONE!!! I am floored. A little Butt Paste (yes, that really is what it says on the tube) with some cornstarch over it and the kid is MUCH happier. I want to run a few of the ingredients by the pediatrician when I see him next week just to make sure we're doing what's best for Aislin, but honestly I'm pretty psyched (and shocked) that this seems to be taken care of for the time being.
Sure she's still gassy, and fussy, but as Pete said "I really think she turned a corner this weekend!" She's improving, and I don't doubt that saying goodby to a painful diaper rash helps with that. Now the only thing we have to feel blue about is missing Colin, but we're glad he's in a warmer climate and doing well. We love you Col!!!
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm glad Aislin is feeling some relief. A child in my class uses that cream too.
I'm glad Aislin is getting some relief. A child in my class uses that cream too. Such a cute pic of Aislin with Uncle Colin. I know he is missed.
"Butt Paste" works great. We use that on Logan. Glad you found something to relieve Aislin!
Post a Comment