Friday, March 02, 2007

"Next visit we'll be sure to schedule the Bubonic Plague!"


Grammy's Girls
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
That's what my Dad said as we were all getting ready to go home after my road trip last week. You'd never know it from the picture, but Clare and Leah had one of the worst stomach bugs I've ever seen a few days before this shot was taken. Toddlers + vomiting = No Fun. As many of you who are parents know...that there is a standard equation!

My mother and sister even got tagged with the virus that had Kathllen's poor nieces and nephew sick earlier in the week. I think their Mom, Mark's sister, had it worst though...so our hearts went out to her. Needless to say, I escaped with nothing worse than a queasy stomach. And BEHOLD the power of breastmilk! Aislin didn't get sick at all!

There were some tough moments, and my parents' house took a bit of a beating (thankfully they're looking to get new floors put in) but the girls did their best to power through and even managed to have some fun together. I put this shot up for Grammy since she really did take it on the chin. She's still managing that great big smile in this shot after hosting a week-long Pukeapalooza!

Kathleen and I were, at the very least. happy to have each other to hang with as we coaxed our little ones back to health with unflavored pedialyte cut with some "Grover Juice" (squeezed from the very best Grovers avalable). A pediatric nurse taught me the white grape juice trick (because who needs purple vomit?) and while it helps greatly, it still doesn't cover up the nasty pedialyte taste. You knew these girls were feeling terrible though because they actually drank it. Anything to get better!

I"ll be sure to post a few more picks next week from before the puking started. Devon caught a few cute ones of Leah sledding and enjoying the snow! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great shot of Grammy and the 3 adorable girls. Glad everyone is better now.

Anonymous said...

Is Leah giving Aislin a noogie?!? Nice.
It was good to see the adult Nowaks last week-end. Glad the kids are doing better too.

Anonymous said...

Talk about HUGGABLE!!! How lucky could one Grammy be to have three adorable little sweethearts to love. Pa and I feel truly blessed!