This has got to be quick but I'll make it good too,
It's time that I wrote a poem just for you!
My youngest girl, my darling babe,
who's sunshiny demeanor has equal parts shade...
Any fan of this blog knows you came with some colic
But you're happier now. You can crawl...even frolic!
You are quick with a cuddle and you love a good squeeze
and now at 9 months you're a bit of a tease!
You and your sister can sure drive me nuts
You pull on her hair and she gives you head butts.
Kisses and hugs bring you back down to earth..
Where Daddy can marvel at your thighs and their girth.
Your eyes have a sparkle unique just to you
The color, a brown-blueish, green-grayish hue.
They're hard to describe. Just like you little girl.
You are tough, but so delicate...like a genuine pearl.
When you're older I'll miss the baby you've been
even the gas and the rashy skin.
I'm a shutterbug now so I'll have memories some day
of pretend picnics, your expressions, and the games that we play.
I'll never get tired of hearing you giggle.
I'm in love with the way that you stand, bounce and wiggle.
I'll forever remember Leah asking "hold her?"
or your look of wonder at hearing Lem purrrrr...
So special are you that you match perfectly
with our crazy happy little family
What other baby could rock a nickname like "Garber?"
Don't ask how you got it, it was all your father...
Aislin we love your bad little self
plump autumn pumpkin, to Leah's winter elf.
One poem can't say all I treasure about you...
my glorious, loving, sweet number two!
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Erin,
You write beautifully....you should write a book.....you have a gift of writing just like your mother. Love to your beautful family. Auntie
What a treasured gift this ode will be to Aisy one day! I wish I would have recorded my thoughts over the years as eloquently as you do Erin, but I know you know the same degree of true love and amazement at who you were and are lives on forever in my heart! Thanks for brightening my days and making me so very proud of the wonderful and talented mother/person you are!!!
Post a Comment