Friday, October 20, 2006

Getting better...


gas smile
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
Well, the pediatrician discontinued the use of the bili blanket yesterday. We need to keep an eye on Aislin's skin and it may take a while for her to get back to her normal color (thanks to that ABO incompatibility), but otherwise she is doing well. It has been a real challenge having our newborn hooked up to a machine. It's considered "portable" but it never really felt that way. Efforts to move her from couch to pack n' play were pretty cumbersome and in an effort to keep her on the blanket 24 hours a day, Pete and I took turns sleeping in the living room with her. Not the most comfortable of accomodations to say the least.

Thankfully my Mom has been here with us to help wrangle Leah, and my MOPS friends mobilized and generously supplied us with 4 amazing meals since we came home with Aislin. My neighbors have brought me food, cake, coffee, and little gifts. Flowers came from Pete's Mom and his office and cards have been filling our mailbox.

As you can see from the picture, Aislin is thrilled to be so loved and welcome into our lives. Sure, it's just a gassy smile on her face, but I'm pretty sure that's the way she feels. I'm a little nervous for next week when I'll be alone with these two girls, but I suppose I'll rise to the occassion. Even if I am sleep deprived and a little overwhelmed. We'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will do fine....you are a wonderful mother and should be so proud of yourself for all you have done....Leah is a wonderful girl and that is because you are such a great Mom.....Aislin is a beauty also....Stay strong...Love and Kisses Auntie.

Anonymous said...

I second that! Erin, you'll do wonderfully. Look how great Leah is! Take it easy, get lots of rest & hopefully we'll see you soon!
Love,
Cynthia