Sunday, October 22, 2006

Bye, Bye, Grammy!


Flashlight fun
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
I'm not sure who was more distraught as Grammy headed home to New Paltz today, but I know everyone was sad to see her go. Grammy had tears in her eyes and Leah woke up from her nap wondering where Grammy and Pa were. Pete and I will miss all the help, but we're set for food this week. Mom made a roast chicken, a ham, split pea soup, stew, and she bought the items needed for us to make chili. We'll be eating in style for a while! Leah also had a blast baking with Grammy. They made pumpkin-chocolate muffins, cranberry bread, and a batch of pumpkin muffins too. Leah loves to mix the batter while Grammy sings the "mixing song."

Before I change the blog over to more fully include both my little "sugar hiccups," I had to get in one more shot of my big girl!!! I have been busy printing out all of the pages from our first post until now, to put in a binder for Leah to keep one day. Being a Mom to Leah, and now to Aislin, has changed me forever. It has caused me to grow and change in ways I did not know were possible. At the same time, each day I remember and learn from my own girlhood and experience the joy I felt being a kid.

My Mom taught Leah how to make a tent between the couch and ottoman and shared with her the thrill of playing with a flashlight. Leah's hooked! And had a blast playing with her animals and enjoying a tea party with them by the flashlight's glow. We'll miss you Grammy and we can't wait to see you again soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck E. You will do great with the 2 girls by yourself. Leah looks so sweet in this pic, the Herrera girls love flashlights and tents.

We hope all of you are feeling great. We have loved viewing Leah's blog and look forward to the new and expanded blog of the Nowak Girls.

Sending out big hugs and kisses to Leah, Aislin and their mommy and daddy.
Carole

Mike&Marsha said...

What a lucky couple of girls to have such wonderful grandparents!

Where can we get the lyrics to the "mixing song"?