Well...I'm not sure who invited Ernesto on our delightful beach vacation, but next time he's going to have to sit it out. That goes for any other tropical storms or hurricanes as well. Most of you know Pete and I had a bit of a rainy honeymoon in the British Virgin Islands. Of course the locals kept saying "It NEVER rains like this here???" The locals on the Jersy Shore kept saying "it was beautiful last week!" I'm not sure, but I think that sort of attempt at conforting just makes visitors feel worse.
Anyway, we had a great time, despite the weather. It was good to spend time with family. Leah learned about 50 gazillion new words and loved every minute she got to spend with Clare. Here's a shot of the girls reading about the beach with Grammy. If you can't be there you might as well read about it right? We made a few attempts but it was never really "beach weather"...still, we tried! I also finally played the tables in Atlantic City and that was fun. Our proximity to AC was great, as it allowed us to get out and drown our sorrows with a little gambling and free drinks (mine were all gingerale of course!!).
Well I've got many more pictures to post so check back soon. We're sad that vacation and summer is over, but it's great to be back home and sleeping in our own beds!!! Besides, we have a TON to do to prepare for the new baby!
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment