Sunday, June 25, 2006

We're off to Grammy's!

I thought you guys would get a kick out of Leah at the library last Thursday. It was barely 10 AM and already we were out and about with LeLe all gussied up in her silver mardi gras beads. What makes these even better than normal mardi gras beads, is the fact that each strand has a big ol' medallion of featuring a local young professionals and community organization called "40 Below." Stylin' girlfriend!

We had a good time checking out books and we even borrowed a few CDs for Leah: The cool kids band Milkshake and They Might Be Giants' awesome album called "Here Come the ABC's." Both are perfect road trip music...and they'll give me a break from the D-O-R-A CD that a little someone LOOOOOOOVES a little too much! So much so that I can't even say the word "Dora" any more. I just have to spell it for fear someone will start demanding I turn it on. Leah actually spotted said cartoon explorer on a box of pampers halfway across Target this afternoon. Amazed at her eagle-eyed spying skills, Pete said "I can't believe she even saw that?!"

We'll miss you while we're gone, but we'll be back next week. Hopefully we'll be a little rested and ready for another week of trips to the library, the park and the farmer's market! Leah will miss this particular library's Thomas the Train table...but Grammy's got pretty good toys at her house and we're looking forward to seeing lots of family and friends. Enjoy your week!!!

No comments: