One of my priorities as a Mom is to try and make Leah's childhood as fun as possible. As a result, we try and get out to explore different environments, meet and spend time with a variety of people, and experience all sorts of activities. I can't say this comes easy to me. It's tough to come up with a whole bunch of ideas for where to take your toddler, but summer has provided a small bit of inspiration. The weather is nicer and that makes a difference. My work load is also a little bit lighter and that means I'm not chained to my computer...another big plus.
This morning Leah and I went to the farmer's market. We bought a basket of impatiens to hang by our garage and a trailing succulent plant (I think it's of the Burro's Tail variety) that we can keep outside this summer and bring indoors this winter. We inhaled two of the fresh, little, homemade donuts that are the highlight of our local market. I checked out the many plants and vegetables and Leah got some locally grown strawberries. We even ran into one of our neighbor friends and her newborn (a highlight for LeLe who is pretty much in love with all babies!). But our best purchase of the trip was a lovely, big, garden bouquet for $3! Leah was enchanted by the different flowers, even if she didn't appreciate their smell. She recoiled a few times after smelling them, but she always went back in for another sniff!
We had a really fun time. I'm thinking this might have to become a Thursday morning tradition over the summer, even if it's just to have a donut and pick up some cut flowers. I'm still in awe of how inexpensive they were! They really did brighten my day, but not as much as Ms. Leah does of course!!!! I'm still smiling to myself about the scrunched-up, yucky smell face she made....
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment