Wednesday, February 27, 2008

This is my baby!


Snow sports
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner
It's super snowy here today so I couldn't resist posting a shot from last week's outdoor romp in the fluffy stuff. I had Aislin dressed in the same snowsuit when I dragged her to drop Leah off and pick her up from school today. No less than 5 people stopped me to tell me how adorable she looked in it.

Lots of parents have also started asking me if Aislin is coming to the toddler program at Leah's school next year. I always answer "If they'll take her?!" Sometimes I wonder if Leah doesn't have a bit of that Ari Gold charisma. You "Entourage" fans know what I'm talking about! A sort of spunk so intense that it might prevent your sibling from being accepted to your school?! Of course I'm joking, but one of the teaching assistants from another classroom did rave to me today about how "socially comfortable" Leah is (as Leah helped herself to a cup of H2O from the administrative office's water cooler!) "It's amazing!" she said. Socially comfortable, precocious, high-energy, spirited...I've heard (and thought) them all at some point or another.

But back to Aisy. As the shot illustrates, she LOVES balls, snow, and truckin' around doing her thing. Fran mentioned to me yesterday, that Aislin is always climbing up on things, falling over, and then picking herself up and dusting herself off...then she's right back at it again. The girl definitely does not give up easily, and she is much more of a bruiser than Leah! She's also SWEET! A regular cupcake. She asked Pete for a hug this morning and he was so thrilled. Aislin is increasing her vocabulary and is starting to say a ton of words! From "shoes" and "school" to "nose" and "peas," she's getting more and more communicative. She has also started saying an approximation of "I love you" which of course makes me light up inside. I love that girl!

No comments: